Orange Vinaigrette Spinach Salad Recipe
This special salad is lightly coated in a refreshing citrus dressing. I sometimes serve it with a side of cottage cheese…the taste of orange and all the cheeses will have your friends and family begging for more. —Jamie Pearson, Woodbury, Minnesota
- 3 medium oranges
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Finely grate peel of one orange; set aside. Cut the same orange in half; squeeze juice into a 1-cup measuring cup. Add the oil, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and reserved orange peel. Gradually whisk in vinegar; set aside.
- 2. Peel and discard white membrane from remaining oranges; cut into sections.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheeses and orange sections. Drizzle with 1/4 cup vinaigrette and toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for another use. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 154 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Vinaigrette Spinach Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC