Orange Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
This dish can be ready to serve in no more than 30 minutes. One of my favorite hobbies is cooking, but because I lead a busy life, it's essential to be able to fix a good meal quickly. The citrus sauce and colorful orange slices will give you a "sunshine feeling" when you sit down to eat this after a busy day!
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound turkey cutlets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1 seedless orange, peeled, sliced and halved
- Cooked rice
- In a small bowl, stir together first six ingredients; set aside. Place flour on a sheet of waxed paper; coat turkey strips, then shake off excess. In a 10-in. skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook turkey in three batches until strips are tender and lightly browned on all sides. Remove turkey and keep warm. Add remaining oil to skillet; cook and stir green onions and green pepper for 1 minute. Stir in orange juice mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add turkey and orange slices; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Turkey Stir-Fry in Country Extra January 1993, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Orange Turkey Stir-Fry(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review