Delicious citrus is the tasty surprise when folks try these chocolate candies. For an elegant effect, CT's cooks drizzled them with melted white chips.
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoon shortening
- 1/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- Place 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chocolate chips in a blender or food processor; cover and process until crushed, about 30 seconds. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat cream and butter on high for 30-90 seconds minutes or until almost boiling.
- While blender or processor is running, gradually pour cream mixture and extract over chips in a steady stream until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until firm. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat shortening and remaining chocolate chips on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave in 10-to 20-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Dip truffles; place on waxed paper to harden.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat vanilla chips at 70% power for 10 seconds; stir. Microwave in 5-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a hole in the corner of bag. Drizzle over truffles. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Truffles in Country Woman November/December 2001, p29
Reviews for Orange Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review