Orange-Topped Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Top with oranges; sprinkle with cloves and pepper.
- 2. Cover and simmer over medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 167 calories, 39 mg sodium, 52 mg cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 11 gm protein, 7 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.