"A friend gave me the recipe for this sweet snack," informs Helen Applequist of St. Louis Park, Minnesota. "I make it with thinly sliced bread from Pepperidge Farm. It's lovely with tea."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 loaf white bread, thinly sliced (about 18 slices)
- In a small bowl, combine butter, sugar and orange peel; mix well.
- Spread on both sides of bread; cut in half diagonally. Place on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Turn
- slices over; bake 7 minutes longer (watch carefully). Yield: about
- 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 187 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.