- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup julienned zucchini
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients; set aside. Cut parchment paper or heavy-duty foil into four 18x12-in. lengths; place a fish fillet on each. Top with carrot and zucchini; drizzle with orange juice mixture.
- Fold parchment paper over fish. Working from bottom inside corner, fold up about 3/4 in. of the paper and crimp both layers to seal. Repeat, folding edges up and crimping, until a half-moon-shaped packet is formed. Repeat for remaining packets. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Tilapia in Parchment
Sort By :
This recipe is too bland for our family. I will use this recipe again because the flavor of the fish is good, but I will also make a side serving of sweet and sour sauce to go with it and serve it with rice.
Made per recipe = FABULOUS. Wouldn't change a thing.
Just received recipe. Sounds like a fantastic recipe. Will definitely make this many times if this works out very tasty.
Just received recipe. Will try it first.
I loved it just as the recipe is written. Then I tried it again, substituting 1/2 lemon juice/1/2 dry white wine for the orange juice, dill weed for the cayenne pepper, and lemon peel for the orange peel. Also delicious. I can imagine many variations on this basic technique.