Orange Tea Muffins
Because they're so rich, I usually make these muffins for special occasionsbrunches and breakfasts mainly. They're good at all hours, though, as a snack with tea or coffee.
My husband and I plus our 14-year-old son live in a suburban area. Luckily, our property backs up against a farm. Last year, we were excited to see deer in the yardtwo adults and four babies.
I learned my wa
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Combine 1 cup sugar and the orange juice; set aside. Cream butter and
- remaining sugar; blend in sour cream. Combine dry ingredients and
- add to creamed mixture. Beat at low just until ingredients are
- combined. Stir in orange peel, raisins and nuts. The batter will be
- stiff. Spoon batter into greased 1-3/4-in. muffin cups, filling each
- cup completely full. Bake at 375° for about 12 minutes or until
- done. While still warm, dip each muffin in reserved sugar/orange
- juice mixture. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 36 small muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 237 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.