- 3 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) tapioca pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Whisk in gelatin and pudding mixes. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cool completely. Fold in oranges, pineapple and whipped topping. Spoon into a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Orange Tapioca Salad
"I had the chance to make this salad just this past month and I'd used the tapioca pudding mix which was just "Cook & Serve". I simply followed this recipe as it was presented and it worked out very well! This recipe is definitely a keeper! Thank you for sharing!delowenstein"
"Wonderful! Couldn't find the tapioca so I substituted Instant Coconut Pudding. It gave it an extra tropical boost!"
"Love this recipe!! Have made it for many years. So delicious just as written! Made it at the beach this week . . . added more oranges & it was great! Had to give out recipe!"
"This is a Thanksgiving favorite in my family. However, I haven't been able to find tapioca pudding mix in years. I use 3 Tbsp tapioca and 1/3 cup sugar. I'm wondering if there are other suggestions?"
"This is a favorite at our house."
"took this to a church potluck.hardly any was eaten...ended up htrowing the restout. i personally thought it was pretty gooddon't know why it wasn't well received"
"This is a family favorite! My Husband gets so excited when he sees this on the table! It reminds us of Orange Dreamsicles. So fresh and creamy and great for summer time. I used Kraft Minute Tapioca as well and it turned out perfect!"
"also I used the cook & serve tapioca mix and it turned out fine....this if from my blog..."
"Mine turned out runny and never set up. Does anyone know why? I used all brand-name products and no generics. I made sure everything was drained thoroughly. I was disappointed by the outcome."