Orange-Swirled Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
Swirls of homemade orange curd meander through a white chocolate cheesecake bars. The special bars might remind you of a childhood treat--Orange Creamsicles.
- 6 ounces shortbread cookies (about 23)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Place cookies and almonds in a food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine 6 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the orange juice, water and peel until blended. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the egg yolk. Return all to the pan. Reduce heat. Cook, whisking continuously, for 1 minute. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place baking chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in flour. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in sour cream and white chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Place 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture in a small bowl; stir in orange mixture until well blended.
- Pour plain cream cheese mixture over crust. Drop orange batter by tablespoonfuls randomly over top. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Swirled Cheesecake Dessert in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p143
Reviews for Orange-Swirled Cheesecake Dessert(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >