Orange-Swirl Yogurt Pie Recipe
"This refreshing frozen pie is an excellent grand finale to any meal," promises Nancy Zimmerman. The gingersnap crust complements the frozen yogurt and citrus sauce nicely. "It's great for entertaining because you make it a day early. Nancy writes from her home in Cape May Court House, New Jersey.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 6 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, divided
- 1-1/4 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 20 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice concentrate and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and orange peel. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- 2. Soften 4 cups of frozen yogurt. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine gingersnaps and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 3. Spoon softened yogurt into crust. Top with half of the orange sauce; cut through with a knife to swirl. Place scoops of the remaining frozen yogurt over filling. Drizzle with remaining orange sauce.
- 4. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours before cutting. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 409 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Orange-Swirl Yogurt Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC