Orange-Swirl Yogurt Pie Recipe
"This refreshing frozen pie is an excellent grand finale to any meal," promises Nancy Zimmerman. The gingersnap crust complements the frozen yogurt and citrus sauce nicely. "It's great for entertaining because you make it a day early. Nancy writes from her home in Cape May Court House, New Jersey.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 6 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, divided
- 1-1/4 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 20 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice concentrate and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and orange peel. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- Soften 4 cups of frozen yogurt. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine gingersnaps and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Spoon softened yogurt into crust. Top with half of the orange sauce; cut through with a knife to swirl. Place scoops of the remaining frozen yogurt over filling. Drizzle with remaining orange sauce.
- Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours before cutting. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Swirl Yogurt Pie in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p38
Reviews for Orange-Swirl Yogurt Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review