Orange Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook for 9-10 minutes or until tender; drain and place in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and toss. Add celery and oranges.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, orange juice, honey, salt, ginger, nutmeg and remaining lemon juice. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Orange Sweet Potato Salad
Sort By :
I made this recipe for my recipe club and they loved it. Everyone asked for the recipe and said they would make it. It was very easy.
I liked this salad a lot. The mandarin oranges and orange juice complemented the sweet potatoes nicely. It was refreshing and delicious and great for people who don't really like plain sweet potatoes.