Orange Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
—Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1/2 medium navel orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1 teaspoon water
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped pecans, optional
- 1. Place sweet potato in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain. Arrange potato and orange slices in a 2-cup baking dish.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, water, nutmeg and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds or until mixture is melted and smooth, stirring once. Stir in orange peel. Pour over potato and orange.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until potato is tender, spooning glaze over potato and orange occasionally. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 167 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Orange Sweet Potato Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC