- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1/2 medium navel orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1 teaspoon water
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped pecans, optional
- Place sweet potato in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain. Arrange potato and orange slices in a 2-cup baking dish.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, water, nutmeg and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 30 seconds or until mixture is melted and smooth, stirring once. Stir in orange peel. Pour over potato and orange.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until potato is tender, spooning glaze over potato and orange occasionally. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Orange Sweet Potato Bake in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p17
Reviews for Orange Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review