- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and orange juice concentrate. Cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and orange peel.
- Beat until mixture thickens and loses its gloss, about 2 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper to set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange-Sugared Pecans in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p39
Reviews for Orange-Sugared Pecans(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2012
Just like the 18th Century one I use-Very Good! PS cut the orange rind into thin strips and add timixture when cooking...I use half of orange...juice it & use rind