- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg; add milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill eight greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon marmalade over each. Top with remaining batter. For streusel, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 8 muffins.
Originally published as Orange Streusel Muffins in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p47
Reviews for Orange Streusel Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2014
"We like these muffins. They are more dense. It is like a coffee cake. They are rather caloric though!"
Reviewed May. 27, 2014
"Muffins look attractive, however, turned out somewhat dry and dense. Not nearly enough flavor. Would not make again."