Orange Streusel Muffins Recipe
"These tender muffins have a fresh taste I'm sure you'll enjoy," promises Donna Smith of Victor, New York. "The streusel topping and marmalade filling add just the right sweetness."
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg; add milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill eight greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon marmalade over each. Top with remaining batter. For streusel, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 8 muffins.
Originally published as Orange Streusel Muffins in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p47
Reviews for Orange Streusel Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review