Orange Spritz Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon orange or vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in orange peel and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press cookies 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 375° for 6-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 67 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Orange Spritz Cookies
"I have made these for years now. they are addictive. the orange adds a litle something. It's not over powering."