- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon orange or vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in orange peel and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press cookies 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 375° for 6-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Orange Spritz Cookies
"I just made these and the flavor is simply wonderful. I gave a 4 star as the yield is 1/2 the amount specified. My total was: 2 1/2 - 3 dozen. i would have doubled the recipe if I would have known the yield would be so small."
"I have made these for years now. they are addictive. the orange adds a litle something. It's not over powering."