Orange-Spiced Pecans Recipe
For a homemade snack, this recipe is so easy to make. The baked nuts have so much sweet flavor that you will have a hard time to stop eating.—Nell Hood, New Bern, North Carolina
- 1-2/3 cups pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place pecans on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 275° for 10 minutes.
- 2. After 6 minutes, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Stir in warm pecans until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cool. Yield: about 2 cups.
1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 254 calories, 22 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC