For a homemade snack, this recipe is so easy to make. The baked nuts have so much sweet flavor that you will have a hard time to stop eating.—Nell Hood, New Bern, North Carolina
- 1-2/3 cups pecan halves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place pecans on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 275° for 10 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in warm pecans until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cool. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Orange-Spiced Pecans in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p35
Reviews for Orange-Spiced Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2007
"I followed recipe exactly, but pecans are very stickey. I had planned to use them as gifts, but cannot. Not a winner in my book!"