Connie Moore of Medway, Ohio turns orange marmalade, mustard and a hint of ginger into a fast-to-fix glaze for ham. The mouthwatering entree may be short on time, but it's definitely long on flavor.
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook ham for 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Spoon over ham. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Ham Steak in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Spiced Ham Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review