Orange Spiced Cider Recipe
Every time I serve this wonderful hot beverage, someone asks for the recipe. Orange juice adds a bit of sweetness with red-hot candies are a fun substitute for traditional cinnamon sticks. —Erika Reinhard of Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Red Hots
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Orange slices, apple slices and cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Place cloves in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen spring to form a bag. Add bag to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Before serving, discard spice bag and stir cider. If desired, serve with orange slices, apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 128 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Reviews for Orange Spiced Cider
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC