Orange Spiced Cider Recipe
Every time I serve this wonderful hot beverage, someone asks for the recipe. Orange juice adds a bit of sweetness with red-hot candies are a fun substitute for traditional cinnamon sticks. —Erika Reinhard of Colorado Springs, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 2 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red-hot candies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Fresh orange slices and cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Place cloves in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen spring to form a bag. Add bag to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Before serving, discarding spice bag and stir cider. Garnish with orange slices and cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 128 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC