Every time I serve this wonderful hot beverage, someone asks for the recipe. Orange juice adds a bit of sweetness with red-hot candies are a fun substitute for traditional cinnamon sticks. —Erika Reinhard of Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red-hot candies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Fresh orange slices and cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Place cloves in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen spring to form a bag. Add bag to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Before serving, discarding spice bag and stir cider. Garnish with orange slices and cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Spiced Cider in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p29
Reviews for Orange Spiced Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review