Orange-Spiced Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the grill for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half : 234 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Orange-Spiced Chicken
"I swapped out gluten free soy sauce for regular soy sauce to make this marinate gluten free. The whole family liked the chicken."
"the five spice powder is expensive, but if you already have it, it gives a great flavor to the chicken. Made this on our George Foreman grill. Very good!"