Five ingredients are all you’ll need for this fast and extremely flavorful marinade. With one taste, it’ll become your most-requested chicken recipe! —Debra Stevens, Lutz, Florida
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the grill for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Spiced Chicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange-Spiced Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review