Orange Spiced Carrots Recipe
I made these carrots for some out-of-town guests, and they were still raving about them 2 years later!
- 2-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Place carrots in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender, about 7-9 minutes. drain; set aside and keep warm. In the same pan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, orange juice, ginger and nutmeg until smooth. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute. Return carrots to the pan; cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1/2 cup: 51 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Orange Spiced Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC