Orange Spiced Carrots
I made these carrots for some out-of-town guests, and they were still raving about them 2 years later!
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place carrots in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender, about 7-9 minutes.
- drain; set aside and keep warm. In the same pan, combine brown
- sugar, cornstarch, orange juice, ginger and nutmeg until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute. Return carrots to the
- pan; cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with
- parsley if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 51 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.