Give tender beef a festive touch with cinnamon, cloves, coriander and a kiss of sweetness from orange and dates. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: 42 Slow Cooker Recipes Prepped in 15 Minutes
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place brisket in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over brisket. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until tender.
- Transfer brisket to a platter; keep warm. Discard cinnamon stick. Skim fat from cooking juices. In a blender, cover and process cooking juices until pureed; pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 13-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Spiced Brisket in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p22
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Orange-Spiced Brisket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review