Orange Spiced Almonds Recipe
After snacking on these tangy nuts at a local fair, I searched my cookbooks for a similar recipe. It took several trials, but now these sugar-and-spicy treats are a tradition!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 cups whole unblanched almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, orange peel, cinnamon, allspice and ginger. In a small bowl, beat egg white and orange juice. Add almonds; stir to coat. Sprinkle sugar mixture over almonds; mix well. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes. Remove to waxed paper to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
1-1/4 cup: 220 calories, 16g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Orange Spiced Almonds
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC