Orange Spiced Almonds Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 cups whole unblanched almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, orange peel, cinnamon, allspice and ginger. In a small bowl, beat egg white and orange juice. Add almonds; stir to coat. Sprinkle sugar mixture over almonds; mix well. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes. Remove to waxed paper to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 220 calories, 16 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Spiced Almonds
"I found this recipe a few years ago and sold them at the employee holiday sale at work. Everyone loved them, including my family and friends. These are wonderful and they are now a Recipe I make every Christmas."