Orange Spice Cake Recipe
Field editor Connie Simon of Reed City, Michigan likes to serve slices of this gingerbread-like cake with whipped topping, but it's just as delicious plain.
- 1-2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Combine the orange juice, molasses, oil and egg; add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Spoon marmalade over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Orange Spice Cake in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p61
Reviews for Orange Spice Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2012
My elementary school-aged daughter, who doesn't usually like orange marmalade or gingerbread, liked it and asked me to send it in her lunch to school. If covered in plastic wrap will stay moist and fresh for several days.