Orange Sour Cream Muffins Recipe
Sour cream makes every bite of these muffins moist, while orange juice concentrate provides pleasant flavor. I keep some in the freezer for a fast breakfast or snack. —Nellie Gobeli, Ava, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, butter and orange juice concentrate. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 224 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC