Sour cream makes every bite of these muffins moist, while orange juice concentrate provides pleasant flavor. I keep some in the freezer for a fast breakfast or snack. —Nellie Gobeli, Ava, Missouri
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, butter and orange juice concentrate. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Sour Cream Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p44
Reviews for Orange Sour Cream Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2014
"I made these today, they are scrumptious-My family totally loved them, I used freshly squeezed orange juice and also folded in some orange zest to add more flavor, I will definitely be making more of these:)"