Orange Sorbet Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 12 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or vodka
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and orange peel to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; discard orange peel. Set aside to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, orange liqueur and reserved sugar mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 3. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 1-1/4 quarts.
To Make Ahead: This sorbet can be made two weeks before serving.
1/2 cup: 123 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 29g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Orange Sorbet
"I love it"