"I make this refreshing orange drink as a 'cool' snack for my family, but it's also a delightful addition to breakfast or brunch," says field editor Amy Voights of Brodhead, Wisconsin. "Sometimes I add strawberries or use different juices."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 to 12 ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the water, orange juice concentrate, yogurt,
- sugar, milk and vanilla; cover and process until smooth. While
- processing, add a few ice cubes at a time until mixture achieves
- desired thickness. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 227 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.