Orange Slice Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup orange candy slices
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Cut each orange slice into eight pieces. Roll in 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a bowl, cream the butter, shortening, brown sugar and remaining sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips, pecans and orange slice pieces.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 10 dozen.
2 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Orange Slice Cookies
"Very good crispy cookie ... Was unclear as to whether to incorporate the sugar (1/4 cup) remaining from dredging the candy so I chose NOT to use the residual into the dough ~~ after testing the cookie, it really does not need it. ~~ Thanks for sharing!"
"Love these cookies"
"My family fell in love with these cookies and ask for them all the time in the fall. Great flavor!"