Orange Slice Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup orange candy slices
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Cut each orange slice into eight pieces. Roll in 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a bowl, cream the butter, shortening, brown sugar and remaining sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips, pecans and orange slice pieces.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Reviews for Orange Slice Cookies
"Very good crispy cookie ... Was unclear as to whether to incorporate the sugar (1/4 cup) remaining from dredging the candy so I chose NOT to use the residual into the dough ~~ after testing the cookie, it really does not need it. ~~ Thanks for sharing!"
"Love these cookies"
"My family fell in love with these cookies and ask for them all the time in the fall. Great flavor!"