Orange Slice Bars Recipe
"These tasty bars are a portable way to satisfy a sweet tooth," relates Elaine Norton of Sandusky, Michigan.
- 1 pound orange candy slices, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine candy and water. Cover and refrigerate overnight; drain well and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in walnuts and candy.
- 3. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 125 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC