- minute; turn shrimp. Add the orange juice, rum, garlic and 1
- tablespoon spice mixture. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until
- shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- Bring liquid in skillet to a boil. Cook until reduced to 2/3 cup,
- about 35 minutes. Meanwhile, for salsa, combine the orange, onion,
- avocado, 1/4 cup cilantro, jalapeno and remaining spice mixture in a
- small bowl.
- Stir remaining cilantro into sauce. Serve with shrimp and salsa.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 shrimp with 1/4 cup salsa and about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 175 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.