- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place first six ingredients in a food processor; process until dough comes together. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-1/2-in. diamond-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small bowl, mix chocolate and cayenne until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; refrigerate until set.
Freeze option: Freeze undecorated cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers and decorate as desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Shortbread with Spicy Dark Chocolate in Most Requested Recipes 2016, p119
Reviews for Orange Shortbread with Spicy Dark Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review