- cream, egg and orange peel; stir into crumb mixture just until
- moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, pat each half
- into a 9-in. circle. On one half of each circle, spread half of the
- filling to within 1/4 in. of edges. Fold dough over filling; pinch
- edges to seal.
- For topping, beat egg and water; brush over scones. Sprinkle with
- sugar. Bake at 400° for 13-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cut
- each into six wedges; serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 scone equals 234 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.