Orange-Scented Leeks & Mushrooms Recipe
This simple side is great for seasonal celebrations. The sherry and orange juice add a unique flavor twist that makes this dish special.—Carole Bess White, Portland, Oregon
- 4 pounds medium leeks (white and light green portions only), thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook leeks and mushrooms in oil in batches over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Return all to the pan. Add sherry, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Yield: 7 servings.
2/3 cup: 215 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Orange-Scented Leeks & Mushrooms
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC