Orange Sauced Pork Chops
It's simple to dress up plain pork chops with a citrus-flavored sauce.Cory Cadotte, Winnipeg, Manitoba
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt and pepper
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides in
- oil; drain. Combine the orange juice, brown sugar, marmalade and
- vinegar; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 14-18 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until
- smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with
- chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.