Orange Sauced Pork Chops Recipe
It's simple to dress up plain pork chops with a citrus-flavored sauce.—Cory Cadotte, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; drain. Combine the orange juice, brown sugar, marmalade and vinegar; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-18 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- 2. Remove chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC