Orange Sauce over Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Stir reserved juice into cornstarch mixture; add onion and green pepper. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice. Stir in oranges; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, cook pork in oil over medium heat until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with orange sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce equals 225 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.