Orange Sauce over Pork Chops Recipe
Tender pork chops are treated to a thick mandarin-orange-and-green-pepper sauce that’s swiftly heated in the microwave. “This is a snap to make but looks very attractive,” Marie Hoyer confirms from Lewistown, Montana.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Stir reserved juice into cornstarch mixture; add onion and green pepper. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice. Stir in oranges; set aside and keep warm.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, cook pork in oil over medium heat until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with orange sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Sauce over Pork Chops in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Orange Sauce over Pork Chops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >