Orange Sauce Asparagus Recipe
"Pretty enough for company, this asparagus dish has a delightful citrus flavor," says field editor Lucy Meyring of Walden, Colorado.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1. Place asparagus and a small amount of water in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute; discard garlic. Stir in the orange juice, peel, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 3. Drain asparagus and place in a serving dish. Drizzle with orange sauce; garnish with orange segments. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 82 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC