Orange Sauce Asparagus
"Pretty enough for company, this asparagus dish has a delightful citrus flavor," says field editor Lucy Meyring of Walden, Colorado.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- Place asparagus and a small amount of water in a large skillet; bring
- to a boil. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute;
- discard garlic. Stir in the orange juice, peel, salt and pepper;
- heat through.
- Drain asparagus and place in a serving dish. Drizzle with orange
- sauce; garnish with orange segments. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 82 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.