"Pretty enough for company, this asparagus dish has a delightful citrus flavor," says field editor Lucy Meyring of Walden, Colorado.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- Place asparagus and a small amount of water in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute; discard garlic. Stir in the orange juice, peel, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain asparagus and place in a serving dish. Drizzle with orange sauce; garnish with orange segments. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Orange Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p8
Reviews for Orange Sauce Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review