Have an elegant meal that looks as good as it tastes in just 20 minutes! Tender salmon fillets take on Asian flavors with soy sauce, a hint of orange juice and a side of fluffy rice. Jolanthe Erb of Harrisonburg, Virginia shares the recipe.
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook salmon over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove salmon and keep warm. Add orange juice and soy sauce to the skillet; cook over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Stir in sesame oil; spoon over salmon. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Salmon with Rice in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Orange Salmon with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review