Orange Salad Recipe
You don't need salt to bring out the fantastic flavor of this zesty salad from our Test Kitchen. A dash of spices and minced cilantro add to its somewhat exotic appeal. TIP: To easily peel the oranges, cut off both ends and stand the orange upright on a cutting board. Cut downward in vertical strips following the curve of the orange to remove the peel.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash each paprika, curry powder, ground cinnamon and pepper
- 2 small navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 slices red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, cumin, paprika, curry, cinnamon and pepper; shake well. Place oranges and onion in a shallow bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 117 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC