You don't need salt to bring out the fantastic flavor of this zesty salad from our Test Kitchen. A dash of spices and minced cilantro add to its somewhat exotic appeal. TIP: To easily peel the oranges, cut off both ends and stand the orange upright on a cutting board. Cut downward in vertical strips following the curve of the orange to remove the peel.
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash each paprika, curry powder, ground cinnamon and pepper
- 2 small navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 slices red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, cumin, paprika, curry, cinnamon and pepper; shake well. Place oranges and onion in a shallow bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Orange 'n' Red Onion Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p35
Reviews for Orange Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review