You’ll never buy tartar sauce again once you’ve tasted Michelle’s super-easy recipe! Wrapped in a foil packet, her fish comes out moist, flaky and perfect every time—and cleanup is a cinch. “I love to serve this with my favorite baked beans and fried potatoes.” Michelle Stromko - Forest Hill, Maryland
- 6 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- TARTAR SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Dash pepper
- Place three fillets on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); repeat with remaining fillets. Sprinkle fish with seasoning; dot with butter.
- Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Grill packets, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; serve with fish. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Orange Roughy with Tartar Sauce in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Roughy with Tartar Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review