Orange Roughy with Rice Recipe
- 1 package (5.7 ounces) instant creamy chicken-flavored rice and sauce mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the rice mix, water and butter if desired. Bring to a boil; stir in broccoli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the onion salt, pepper, dill and paprika; sprinkle over fillets. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Remove rice from the heat; let stand for 2 minutes. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 320 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Orange Roughy with Rice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.