- 1 package (5.7 ounces) instant creamy chicken-flavored rice and sauce mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice mix, water and butter if desired. Bring to a boil; stir in broccoli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the onion salt, pepper, dill and paprika; sprinkle over fillets. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove rice from the heat; let stand for 2 minutes. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Roughy with Rice in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p7
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Roughy with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >